Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Funkagenda - Samsara EP


I am not too familiar with Funkagenda’s work but I saw that he released a new EP and I decided to go check it out.

Samsara – by definition this means the repeating cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth. Quite a heavy and profound meaning which already tickles my loins but lets get into the music.

The opening track is To The Moon and Back. The title didn’t grab me but the melody did, with its trance sounding synth it created the perfect backdrop for the hard hitting drum beat and the airy fairy atmospherics, don’t get me wrong, it is extremely catchy and is the perfect buildup for the heavy electro – acid sounding drop which just blows everything out of its way.


The second track off this EP is Half Man Half Drugs. As soon as I read this title I couldn’t help but smile at myself. I just knew that I would like this track.  I didn’t even realize that the song was playing but as soon as the drop came in, it completely kicked me in my face. I had to take a step back, rewind and listen to it again, yes it is that awesome. Funk succeeded in combining the heavy hitting electro bassline with the melodic, this is not an easy thing to achieve.

This EP has definitely been one of the standouts I’ve listened to in the last couple of months, this EP will appeal to not only Electro House lovers but just bass lovers in general.

This EP was released off Dim Mak records and you can buy it on Beatport.

Support Funk and check out his Facebook, Soundcloud and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment